Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's inevitable

SICKNESS!

Yep, that's what struck me last week and knocked me for 6 (actually about 10...days!). I knew it would come, I always get sick a few times a year and it usually links up to just coming back from holidays and dealing with snotty kids all day. I was riding well up to this time, I had a busy week just prior to my man cold week but still managed to ride almost every day even if it wasn't for the planned 2.5 hours. I feel better now and I rode a couple of 1 hour rides to ease back in, then did a great 110km road ride to the bay and back on Sunday morning. My stupid Garmin only recorded 14km of the ride though!!!!!! GRRR I really hate my garmin but can't afford a new one..

Making it to the bay
Dave showed me this ride months ago, I loved this day. He broke his bike somehow and I laughed all the way back to springwood. Thanks Dave! I basically followed the same route but this time from South Bank.  When I went past the spot on my garmin where I last stopped for 30 mins waiting for the Sag Wagon with Dave, I laughed again all the way home. Lol.

In other news I also got to spectate the Summer Cup Race 1 held by the Brisbane South Mountain Bike Club. I love these races and last year had a ball racing all my mates. I even made some new friends from last year whom I now ride with all the time. I was a bit dissapointed by the new timing format, and quite frankly a little burmused on why it has to be so difficult... But neverless it's fun racing! I will be entering B grade this weekend.

I also want to get more involved with the club and have been asked to host a weekly social ride on Sundays as a representative of the club. I havn't agreed just yet but I will wait till the summer cup is over and will consider this. I like riding with others and enjoy the social aspects of the club. Keep you posted!

On the training front. I am going to continue riding at AE pace for another couple of weeks due to knocking out that couple of weeks due to sickness. I have also started running a couple of times a week and doing a group fitness class once and a while with a mate of mine who kills me each session. I absolutely suck at running and have started very slow...


I also need to make special mention to a post about asshats that my good friend Jeff made on mtbdirt. You can read this here. I ran into Jeff walking his bike along underwood rd on Sunday after he had snapped a hanger off in Daisy. He discusses the lack of assistance he was offered while passed by about 40 riders on his walk back to the car. I don't care what your view on this is, but I also ask people if they need assistance. Whether you think you can or can't help someone, they may only need to make a call home and you might be the one person who asked them if they were ok.

After a year riding my road bike I can confidently say that I have been stuck on the side of the road before and had plenty of roadies ask me if I was ok. I've even borrowed pumps etc off other too. So the stereotypical view of 'roadie assholes' is absolute crap. I have been on my mountain bike before and seen more 'weekend wankers' then ever. Refer back to my post about my weekend a few months back and you will see.

Sad that the bush is now full of these tools. I try and stay away from the forest on weekends as it just upsets me to see bogans everywhere.

Speaking of bogans - See you next time

Yes, I took this driving. Yes, we were doing 10km/h as he was hitting power lines....

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could provide some comic relief for your ride. I got to laugh too. Even I can run that fast....;)

    ReplyDelete